Working of NAS

fortius_cvafortius_cva Member Posts: 70
Hi All,
Do we really need the domain environment to make use of NAS and call the "NAS Handler" fucntion in the codeunit 1 (or) is WorkGroup enough to handle NAS?.

I am able to fire the "NAS Handler" fucntion in my system which is in domain environment when i start the service. But i am not able to, in the cleint server system which is in work -group environment.

waiting for your valuable suggestions.....
Thank You
Friend Ship is just like breeze.. you can't smell it, touch it,hold it.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You need a windows user to start the NAS and that user must be able to login into the DB.

So for example if you have a NAS on the same server as your DB, you can do it by creating a local user and giving it rights to enter the DB. You can easily test it by logging in with this user and starting a NAV client using the Windows logon.
    See also http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• fortius_cvafortius_cva Member Posts: 70
    Hi Kriki,Thanks for your reply...

I have given the system login account in the Navision. Tools -> Security -> Windows Logins.
    So i have given the permission for that particular system account to acces navision.

To check the working of NAS . i have created a new table with a field "No."(integer).In the Respective codeunit according to the parameter passed to the "NAS Hanlder" function, i have a piece of code which inserts a record into the table.

But it's not happening.....
    Thank You
    In function NasHandler of codeunit 1, put some messages (e.g. with the function-parameter in it). They should appear in the eventlog of Windows.
    Check the eventlog to see if the NAS has started correctly.

Did you change the service to use that windows account?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• fortius_cvafortius_cva Member Posts: 70
    Service is set to the system account and service got started very well. But i am not able to see th record in the table.....Any way i wil check out with the event log..
    Thank You
    Service is set to the system account and service got started very well. But i am not able to see th record in the table.....Any way i wil check out with the event log..
    The service needs the Windows account you just granted access to the DB. The system account has NO access to the DB, so it runs the NAS but it can't get into the DB.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion