NAV5 Proprietary to SQL restore - Text Conversion

evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
Hey There,

Its one of those 'long time reader, first time poster' situations sadly :).

I'm having some issues with a Proprietary database being restored onto a SQL Database, try as I might I haven’t been able to find any relevant posts on the forum using the all powerful search function (I have however found posts relating to the same error message but not in the same situation/version)

I have run the migration tool provided for moving the Proprietary database to a SQL database, this completed fine and I had no issues. I then proceeded to backup the entire database. Once this was completed I moved the .fbk file to the SQL server.

I then created a new SQL database from Nav5 and that was fine. However upon trying to restore the database I receive the error - "There are errors in the text conversion (Text no. 1968-12 does not exist in the .stx file). Internal error: 47-1".

Now I spent some time going through the database itself trying to find out if I had missed something, however found nothing. I then even tried to restore the default Cronus.fbk that comes with the client install, this also failed with exactly the same error message (except for the '1968-12' part) ](*,)

Whilst searching the forums I found posts relating to this error message but they seemed to be related to NAV V4 SP3 and only when backing up the database.

I'm a little lost as to what I can do here and was hoping someone can tell me I'm missing something obvious :).

Any feedback or input is appreciated and if I have failed to provide any info that can help then please just ask.

Thanks again,

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The only thing I see in fin.stx close is 01968 is Record Link Table related.

Try to use the 5.0 sp1 executable to restore the backup into sql.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n