A question about the Purchase Line

yunsengyunseng Member Posts: 11
Hello , I have a question about the Purchase Line Tabl ,

My office purchase someting Like stationery , pens , paper .. etc ,

How can I put those things into Purchase Line correctly .

I couldn't found any documents about it .

For example , there are 4 options ( G/L Account,Item,,Fixed Asset,Charge (Item) ) in Type field of the Purchase Line tabe ,

I don't know which one should I use .

Is there anyone that can help me !

thank you much .

Comments

• chris_johnsonchris_johnson Member Posts: 22
    Hi Yunseng,

These sound like Items to me.

Firstly set them up as Items and then you will be able to select them in your Purchase Line. So firstly go into the Item Card and enter them in.

Once this is done, when you are on your Purchase Quote/Order/Invoice Line you can select the Item option and choose the Item you want. Either do this from clicking on the up arrow within the No. field on the line or typing the Item number in the No. field.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If they are just office supplies and you don't need to keep track of them like items then I assume you're looking for a way to make a payable to an office supply place.

If this is the case then I would also assume you have a G/L Account for "Office Expenses"
    Then Select G/L Account -Account# for "Office Expenses" -Qty 1 - Enter the amount of the bill.

I mean do you really need to keep track of every paperclip? IF someone needs a new pencil do you place a sales order or negative adjustment :mrgreen:

That is unless you actually sell Paper, Pens, Pencils, etc.. then they need to be items
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Check with your accounts on the company policy.
    It could come down to the total amount of the purchase determines the type of transaction it becomes...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I sincerely apologize for this

" but this "

I mean do you really need to keep track of every paperclip? IF someone needs a new pencil do you place a sales order or negative adjustment; made me Lol :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Kapil Khanna
  • yunsengyunseng Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for response .