appending carriage Return to Mail Body

dayakardayakar Member Posts: 68
Hi all,

By using SMTP am sending the mails from Nav,
I came up with the new custom Environment to capture the recipients,attachments,subject,body etc....,

In my Custom CU am using the standard CU SMTP Mail functions.

Right now everything is working fine, except appending carriage return to the mail body lines.

I have passed carriage return value to SMTP.AppendBody(bodypart) function but still no luck.

thanks for your insight.

Answers

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    How did you pass it? I define a char field and give it the value of a carriage return. 10 for line feed and 13 for carriage return and then copy them to the text field.
  • dayakardayakar Member Posts: 68
    Thanks for your reply DavMac1,

yes exactly i done the same thing.... no luck!!

Did you achieved this.
    Hi all,

Finally i achieved \:D/ ,

hear is my approach,
    SMTP.CreateMessage(Sender,SenderAddress@abc.com,'','test','Body',EnableHTMLfrmt);//enabled html format

SMTP.AppendBody(bodypart + <br>); //while appending body included the html carriage return

Previously i dint include the html CR, I was using Char 13.

Thanks .
    I can also include a Image in body now!!!!!!!!
  • AdalbertAdalbert Member Posts: 9
    Thanks, this tip was most helpfull.

I am trying to send an email with a signature in html and everything is going well except the picture, it is just displayed as a square (with a small square inside with a red cross in it). Do you still remember how you can add a picture?

Thanks anyway
  • Gaurav_JGaurav_J Member Posts: 7
    Hi Dayakar,

Can you explain how to attach a image in a email body instead an attachment??(*,)

Thanks in Advance

Gaurav J ]
    CGjain
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Gaurav J wrote:
    Can you explain how to attach a image in a email body instead an attachment??(*,)
    The title of this topic is "appending carriage Return to Mail Body". As your posting has nothing to do with this, please create a new topic for your question.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)