Use of the Additional approvers

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi,

Could any expert explain use of the Additional approvers in Approval templates form.
The help says :
“ A check mark in this field indicates that the document requires approval by someone outside the normal hierarchy of approvers. For example, a specific sales order may require the approval by someone in credit control.
Still I am not able to understand the use of that one.

Please throw some information on this.
hansika

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    U gave the answer urself !!!!!!!! Means where one approval is not enough it is more like taking concrete decision or in other words MS has given facility where in people don't take complete responsibility alone. :lol:
    Kapil Khanna
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanks ,

I would like to know how many levels it support .
    That is what I would like to know.
    Share your opinion.
    hansika
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    hansika wrote:
    Thanks ,

I would like to know how many levels it support .
    That is what I would like to know.
    Share your opinion.

What do you mean by how many levels ?? You can add more than one additional approvers or add as many as you want to approve other than the normal user setup hirerchy what ever you setup.

Further more additional approvers can also be used for a process based document approvals. Which means if you leave the approver type field blank in Approval template than it will ignore the user setup hirerchy and will only follow the approval sequence which you define in Additional approvers. This way you can assigne same people in different processes like sales order or purchase order with different sequence regardless of the user setup. See same users have different approval route in different process whereas if you define only the user setup this setup will be followed in every process.

Sales Order

Additional Approver A sequence 1
    Additional Approver B sequence 2
    Additional Approver C sequence 3

Purchase Order

Additional Approver B sequence 1
    Additional Approver C sequence 2
    Additional Approver A sequence 3

I hope it is clear for you.

Regards