Adjust cost , CPGL

pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
Hi
I ve following scenerio happening while running adjust cost batch job.

Setup is as follows:

FY 08-09 trial balance is now freezed and i dont want any change in this.
Before running adjust cost batch:
GL setup from to > Blank
User setup > Blank

Now after running the batch job
Some accounts get changed e.g. cost of goods sold, wip , fg.

I beleive this is because of the blank setup given before running adjust batch job. But if i dont change to blank then process does not run.

We ve expected cost posting on.

But i observed that if change following one setup then no GL effects priori to 31.3.09 changes
Warehouse>inventory> Automatic posting > I change here to off. (We ve put this on always)
However just by deselecting this the system does not change values /backdate effects.
It may possible that order finished after 31/3/09 but pertaining to previous fiscal year and thus system is changing values.

Can anybody confirm is this because of only this one field i.e. automatic cost posting on? ..or any other setup?

Thanxc

Prashant

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    When the automatic cost posting if off, the system does not posts the inventory valuation (cost) to the general ledger. IN this case, user has an option to post the inventory cost to g/l at a later date.

AICE job results into correct application of negative entries to the positive ones, which are already posted to G/L, and the adjustments are passed by the system on the original transaction date. That is the reason why the system is posting the additional entries resulting out of application in back dates.
    When the accounting period is closed, the system posts the adjustment entries on the date which you enter in the options tab of AICE request form.
    Regards,

Deep
    India