Setting a Global Filter

RobertJRobertJ Member Posts: 9
I am looking to see if there is a way of setting a sort of global filter in nav. For example:

A user has a particular list of Jobs that he/she has access to. Wherever that user goes in Nav, they should only be able to see data relating to their jobs, and should only be allowed to create records ie PO's, against one of their 'allowed' jobs.

I know you could filter the Job Card and the Job List forms, but the only way I could see, is to place code behind every "Job No." field in the database to prevent the user keying in a Job No. without using the lookup option and code behind every form that had a Job No. on it!

I know there is also SQL security filtering but i'm not sure that would fully work either.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Normally my reply would be to tell you that unfortunately this feature was removed form NAV about 12 years ago. But the great news is that after such a long absence SETGLOBALFILTER returned.

PS: I should say "use the search", but since the post was only a few hours ago, you should already have found it.

Check here:
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=30533
    David Singleton