DEVELOPER TOOLKIT 3.00 ERROR EXPORTING TXT FILE

elysavalelysaval Member Posts: 24
I'm using developer toolkit 3.0 with navision 6.0 classic, i have to convert a database 5.1 to 6.0. Everything worked fine but now that i created my merged version and i have to import it into new database 6.0 a strange thing happened, i export to Navision text file but the resulting file isn't correct, for example the form property RunFormLink is like this

RunFormLink=Table Name=CONST(G/L Account)No.=FIELD(No.);

with no comma between the two fields, so when i compile the object an error occurs.

Same thing in table permission property (example table 111)

Permissions=TableData 32=rTableData 5802=r;

in this case i can't even import the object.

Same problem in table keys property SIFTLevelsToMaintain. (example table 21 and 25).
In table 254 the second key, property SumIndexFields is very long and in the .txt file it is exported using two lines but at the end of the first line there are two commas.

I tried to export the txt file from the base version and not from the merged version but the same thing happens, i also tried to export directly to navision client but i had the same problem.

Someone had the same problem ? Thanks. Elisa.

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Personally, i've never seen this error because i always merge manually the objects...if you merge the objects through the automatic functionality of the toolkit, it's possible that you encounter bugs and bad merged code...how did you create the merged version?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • elysavalelysaval Member Posts: 24
    I use compare & merge tool and then manually correct only objects with conflicts. But the problem is not in the merged version because i tried to export a txt file from base version and i had the same error, so i think the problem is during the exporting, both to txt and to client.
    Thanks!
    so, correct me if i'm wrong, if you export a txt file from 5.01 and import the same file to 6.0, do you get an error?

*edit: i tried to export a txt in 501 and import it in 600 without problems...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Non from client to client but from toolkit to client, in developer toolkit i created three versions :
    - 5.1 Base Version
    - 5.1 Custom Version
    - 6.0 Base Version
    After applying Compare & Merge Tool i obtained

- 6.0 Custom

Then i had to export 6.0 custom to my new 6.0 database, and i get the error. Even if i export from 5.1 base, or 6.0 base (but from the toolkit) i get the error.
    This morning a new problem came out, if i have an object only in 5.1 Custom version and not in 5.1 base or 6.0 base the program should simply copy the object, no merge requested...but developer toolkit creates an incorrect merged object adding controls which don't exist !
    ok, now i understood...as i said, i've never used this feature (automatically create txtobjects from toolkit). for this reason, i couldn't understand you before, sorry :mrgreen:

anyway...using automerge of the toolkit, is like self killing in my opinion...it doesn't work properly, as you can see.
    in other words, it's a bug and i think there's nothing you can do about it, except redo all the merge manually (it's the only safe way)...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    No but this isn't my main problem...even when merge tool worked correctly, the exporting phase wasn't correct. I always used compare & merge tool in developer toolkit 2.0 without big problems, only making some manually adjustements everithing worked fine ! I think i'll keep using 2.0.

Thank you ! Bye.