Open db with readonly parameter.

NiteshNitesh Member Posts: 43
Hi,
How to Open the database with parameter "dbreadonly" ?

Thanks.

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Setup a Role with Read only for all tables & assign the Role to the User
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Nitesh wrote:
    Hi,
    How to Open the database with parameter "dbreadonly" ?

Thanks.

Hi

Chapter 3 of manual "installation and configuration Nav 5.0"

DB Read-Only
    Determines that it is impossible to enter any data into the database.

By entering dbreadonly= in the Command line or the Target field.

something like

...\fin.exe dbreadonly=yes

bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yes, the newer and more efficient way is to use the command line flag, but I don't think it was around until 5.0. Maybe 4.0, but definitely not 3.7. If it is not available with the version your company is using you should use the Roles/Permissions approach.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This runtime parameter is there since version 2.x, but never was documented till some new versions... (but if you look into fin.stx, you will find it there..) :whistle:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    matttrax wrote:
    Yes, the newer and more efficient way is to use the command line flag, but I don't think it was around until 5.0. Maybe 4.0, but definitely not 3.7. If it is not available with the version your company is using you should use the Roles/Permissions approach.
    kine wrote:
    This runtime parameter is there since version 2.x, but never was documented till some new versions... (but if you look into fin.stx, you will find it there..) :whistle:

Actually you are both wrong 8) , its been there at least since version 3.04 DOS and probably longer but I don't have an earlier version to check. It's always been documented but documented in a different place. In the earlier versions of Navision to get the command line parameters you had to just type a "?" on the command line to get the full list. :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    ok ok... I took the first version I used myself, I am not going into BW age (Before Windows)... :mrgreen:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.