Stock Transfer

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi

I have a requirement. I have a company with geographically two different locations. I want my Books of Accounts to be maintained seperately for both the locations also the statutory reports.

In navision i have created Two companties Name ABC Ltd -Location A)and ABC Ltd -Location B.
I have created A and B in both the companies as Locations. Now i want to transfer some goods from Location B to A. I tried using Transfer Order. But the physical stock available in the second company. So I cant create the transfer order in B with a ship becoz syste stops with the warning 'Item Not in Inventory'. Is there any other method to address.

I want transfer stock from one company to another company in Navision. Can anybody help me in this.

Thanks in anticipation
PpP

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You need to implement the intercompany module when you are using two companies in the same database. But I have not checked whether Transfer Orders (i.e. documents) can be exchanged between companies.

If you are doing it just for the sake of separate financial reporting purpose, you can use global dimensions with code mandatory.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    Thanks for the feedback.
    If i dont use different companies. everywhere i need to have filterations like customers/suppliers/ items, not only that document series i hve to seperate it, . If i am creating two companies then these things can be avoided.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Then you will not "transfer" the stock, company A will sell it to company B and the intercompany setup will need to be used to handle this - basically you need to assess the impact of intercompany because you have already assessed the impact of having the two companies in one.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    But actually its not different companies. Only the location is different.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    PPP wrote:
    But actually its not different companies. Only the location is different.
    If the companies are not different, then why do you require below :
    If i dont use different companies. everywhere i need to have filterations like customers/suppliers/ items, not only that document series i hve to seperate it

Document number series can be different by location in default system.
    Why do you require the other filterations?????? :?: :?:
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    If it is multiple locations, i.e. no difference in the legal entity, then I would have one company.

You can preset locations on customers, vendors etc, obviously it depends on sale entry clerks and you may need to add responsibility centres, or modifications, but I would argue you do not need different number series, although you can pick them from the ellipses, or the ability to define an item by location as you will be driven by what is on hand, but then I do not know the business requirements in full, but ultimately if there is no legal reason it would be one company for me, the rest would come down to sitting with the business, understanding what they need, why they need it and let them assess the ability of non-separation or the configuration required or cost of the separation by filters and settings.
    Let me understand. I have made lot of transactions with out a Global Dimension Value. BAsed on the suggession I am thinking of using Global Dimension for identifying the second location. but how about the transaction made which doesnt have any Global Dim value. is it possble to replace?

Thanks in anticipation

PpP
    Sorry are you live?

If not why do you want to update posted transactions with dimensions, either way you would need to write a modification to do this, I believe it has been discussed here several times if you search the forum.
    Well, I am thinking of using the option you suggested ( Global Dimension) instead of seperate company. One company i have already got transaction with Global Dimension Value, now if i introduce Global Dimension these records will not be tagged against the Dimension value.
    Nope you would need to add the dimension to all posted transactions and therefore you need to modify the data.
    Thanks Adam