Great Plains Advice for Creating Reports

lgarnerlgarner Member Posts: 3
edited 2004-12-02 in Dynamics GP
My company recently purchased Great Plains 7.5 and being new to the software, I am not sure of the best way to generate reports. They did not purchase Crystal Reports to go with it, so I am trying to figure out a way to generate reports in Great Plains using the report writer or the other reports function. Does anyone know a good forum or have any advice for a new user? I really appreciate any advice.

Comments

• rufruf Member Posts: 5
    By Generating Reports, do u mean Printing reports or doing report modifications?
    I am into Great Plains development since a year and can help you in those lines.
    IM handle: maruf_d@hotmail.com
    clayface _m@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Ruf
    To Err is Human, To Debug...Divine.
  • lgarnerlgarner Member Posts: 3
    Well, one type of report I need to do is print a list of overdue accounts. So it needs to query all of the clients that we invoiced who haven't paid and are more than 30 days past due.

I was going to the Reports tab the clicking Sales, Analysis, and then Accounts Due and trying to use settings in there to create the report I needed. I ran into trouble when trying to pick the document type I wanted. I want everything except this one type to show up on the report, but I couldn't seem to make it to that. Any ideas?
  • illionillion Member Posts: 1
    Reply-> Have you tried printing reports under the Receivables Trial Balance Reports[/b]
  • dukesterdukester Member Posts: 7
    You can do this Receivables Trial Balance Reports, I would recommend do the Historical Aged T/B. You can also create a Smartlist under Customers object. This is what I did to users who don't have access to the Reports Pallete.