Basic question on running a report from a form menu button

jdelfraissejdelfraisse Member Posts: 14
There is a report that runs to do a function. I made copy and have minor changes to the new one. In the Menu Designer, I have the new menu option. How do I point it to run the new report I made a copy? I don't see how the old menu button is pointing to the original report.

Thank you.
Jonathan Delfraisse
A Microsoft Dynamics Nav End User
Version US 4.00 SP3 (5.0 SP1)

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    There are two ways to run a report from a button.
    1- is on the code behind the button in the OnPush Trigger (you need a developers License to see it)

2-is using the properties of the button. In Designer click on the button View->Properties
    PushAction = RunObject
    RunObject = Report 50000 (Or whatever number your new report is)

You can look it up also using the assist edit.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I see you are an end user as I am, you can not gain access to cal/code in forms, so you won't be able to access the original code to point to your new report.

you can make a new button and reference your report, but you can't feed it any parameters from the form. since you can't get to the cal code.

if you purchase the application designer granual, you can access cal code in forms, it cost in the US $8000
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sol System -> Milky Way :whistle:
    :mrgreen:
  • jdelfraissejdelfraisse Member Posts: 14
    I got the report to run, but as themave said, I can't edit the cal code in forms to send it the parameters needed. I am going to email my ms business partner and see if they will copy the cal code for me. Thanks All.

Sol System -> Milky Way

Didn't even think of that. :lol:
    Jonathan Delfraisse
    A Microsoft Dynamics Nav End User
    Version US 4.00 SP3 (5.0 SP1)