Options

Problem with ampersand when I use webservices

KaiawaiaKaiawaia Member Posts: 6
edited 2009-04-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have the following problem: I've created a c# class library that use the NAV webservice of the Contact page. If I use the "Create" method of the the Contact_Service I have to pass a Contact object. In this object the name property has a value with an ampersand in the string. E.g. "Test & Company". If I look in NAV after execution of the Create method I have as a result the following contact name: "Test &Company".
It deletes the whitespaces after the ampersand and I don't know why. I've tried to replace the & with & because of XML restrictions but then I get "Test & Company". Can anybody help me?

Regards,
Kai

Comments

• Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    Strange

I can confirm that it deletes the spaces after & - and I can confirm that this bug will be fixed in SP1.
    I have no idea why this happens.

One way to avoid the removal is to insert a non-blank space instead of a space (character 160) - but that might have other implications to your app - I have no really good solution to this problem.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    KaiawaiaKaiawaia Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

thanks for that info. The character 160 works for my solution. I can use it for my purpose. Thank you.

Regards,
    Kai