Account period closing

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Dear All,

I open an year from 01-01-08 and crated a new fisical year with 01-01-09. I have 2 issues as follow;

1. When I Close year it closes Januar 09 as well. How can I make it close till 31st december 08 only.
2. After closing system still allow me to post the transactions in closed year. I know I can restrict posting from back date in user setup but as accounting logic system should not allow me to post in back dates when the statment has been closed.

Thanks for advices in advance

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Closing a period, only really lockes in the dates, it has no real affect of locking a period.
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    themave wrote:
    Closing a period, only really lockes in the dates, it has no real affect of locking a period.

could you please elobrate it more? what do you mean by no real effect on a locking period?? :-k
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    themave wrote:

You mean if I close the year and run the closing statment and after that I post soem thing else in previous year which system allows it will appear in next year transaction and will not effect the previous year statment?

How can I double check and confirm it?