Credit memo item update

Dave_SDave_S Member Posts: 17
Hi,

I have read the threads concerning Credit memo's and was wondering if it is easy enough to stop it from updating the inventory of the item being credited. My customer delivers fruit & veg, if the customer phones up to complain a box of bananas is bad then they are not being returned to stock.

I dont wont to change the sales-post CU unless i have to, so was wondering if anyone has any ideas to achieve this?

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    No need to code anything here , the standard can handle this. :)

Create an Credit memo Line with Type "Charge (Item)", using as line amount the value of the boxes with bad bananas. Assign the charge to the sales shipment(s) that the customer complained about and post the credit memo. That will leave the inventory untouched , and the customer will get his money back.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We do it by having a phoney location called Damages. When we issue credits for good merchandise we use the regular location so the stock get's updated correctly and when the merch is not returning to stock we change the location on that line to Damages. At the end of each month we run a Phy Inventory Journal on the Damages location and wipe it out.

That's how we were setup 8)

Note: there are inv posting setup that have to be done with new locations n such. So it's not as "built in" as Charge(items)
  • Dave_SDave_S Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the help, going to have a look at the chare item solution as we are not using locations.

Cheers
    Dave
  • maison09maison09 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks a lot for your sharing =D>

maison de credit
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    Dave_S wrote:
    Thanks for the help, going to have a look at the chare item solution as we are not using locations.
    It would work with locations too, I have several clients set up like this.

You can set up an new item charge code with it's own product posting group with an separate account in the General Posting Setup. That way you can always see in the G/L how much stock value had to be credited because of this specific fault.

If you need not only the value, but the quantities too, you will have to go for Savatage's Solution. :)
    Kai Kowalewski