How to get Delete message window with the message I want.

dilladilla Member Posts: 31
Hi All,

I have a customized form and I created one command button "Delete" to delete the last record in table when I click on Delete command button and I'll ask user for confirmation "Do you want to deleter Record 123" if yes, record will be deleted from table.

But when I use
1.short cut key F4 to delete last record, as per standard functionality I'm getting message "Delete Table name".
2.When I Select the last line and press "Delete" key in key board I'm getting message "Delete selected lines".

Is is possible for me to get the message "do you want to delete (record number which is primary key in source table)) as I get when I click on "Delete"command button.

Kindly help me.

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Put
    If confirm('Do you want to delete....',FALSE) then DELETE

in OnDelete trigger
  • dilladilla Member Posts: 31
    Hi Malajlo,

Thanks for your reply.
    When I tried with code "If confirm('Do you want to delete....',FALSE) then DELETE"
    on OnDelete trigger and pressed on F4 or Delete key in keyboard first I'm getting a populated messages as I mentioned in my post above and then the message which I wrote on OnDelete trigger.

Is it possible for me to block message window which populate when I press F4 or Delete key in keyboard?

kindly help me.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Those messages are generated by the DBMS, you can't suppress them.
  • dilladilla Member Posts: 31
    Hi Denster,

Thank you for your reply.