Reports in NAV 2009

njaikunjaiku Member Posts: 116
edited 2009-04-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a doubt in the reports of NAV 2009.
I have created the new report (ex Sample) and i have written a coding in the
nPredataitem trigger. I have designed the Layout for that report through MS visual Studio 2008. How do i have to write the coding in visual studio which i have written in the Onpredataitem of the report. Can anyone help me out????
Jai

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You do not need that. Study the manuals to make clear how it works for yourselfs. The C/AL triggers are used as when the report is started from classic client. You do not need to replicate the code, when all is done correctly...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • njaikunjaiku Member Posts: 116
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. In reports ,the coding which have written in the section trigger is not supported.In client report definition (RDLC) report layouts, code on section triggers is not supported. How do we want to replace the code for the section trigger??
    Jai
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Of course that "PreSection" and "PostSection" are not supported. Because there are no sections in the RDLC. But question is, which code you have there that you have to replicate it? If the code is there only to set the visibility of the section (for which the triggeres are there), you do not need to replicate the code, becuase the code will be used and will impact the data which will be send to the report viewer. If there is different code, the code is not on correct place. These triggers are not there for code which manipulates the data...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.