SMTP configuration in Business Notification

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
hi
I am using SQL 2005 SP2, Nav 5.0 SP1 with SQL option,Win 2003 sp1 ent edi.
I am using smtp.gmail.com as SMTP server.

I had installed all related to BN suscessfully.
But when I click on send to notification buttion in Navision nothing is happend.
But in vent viwer it shows me message:-
The following exception occured when trying to send out notification email: The transport failed to connect to the server.
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args)
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.BusinessNotification.NotificationService.SmtpDeliveryProtocol.SendSmtpEmail(String senderEmail, String recipientEmail, String subject, String body, String culture) Please make sure that you have configured your SMTP server correctly, and this machine can relay emails through that server, and that the there are no misspellings in the name (IP address) of your SMTP server you have specified.

SO please suggest me what should be the SMTP configuration for smtp.gmail.com ? or how to configure the SMTP server for Business Notification? :-k

Answers

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Can you "telnet smtp.gmail.com 25"?
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    yes it shows me following line and nothing..

"220 MX.gmail.com ESMTP 2sm454475tif.50"

What it mean?
    It means you can connect to that server (no firewall blocking).

Then follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/153119to see if you need any authentications on SMTP
    But I am using smtp.gmail.com

How can I configure SMTP on server machine on which BN is installed for gmail so that I can able to send email.

My client dont have any exchange esrver/domain user that why am using smtp.gmail.com
    Can I able to send the mails directly to gmail without exchange server/without domain ID from standalone PC?
    Why don't you try with SMTP server of your ISP? It allows mail relaying regardless of user authentication.
    I had tried it on Our exchange server as will as external mail server but I got the same error :-
    The following exception occured when trying to send out notification email: The transport failed to connect to the server.
    at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args)
    at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
    at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.BusinessNotification.NotificationService.SmtpDeliveryProtocol.SendSmtpEmail(String senderEmail, String recipientEmail, String subject, String body, String culture) Please make sure that you have configured your SMTP server correctly, and this machine can relay emails through that server, and that the there are no misspellings in the name (IP address) of your SMTP server you have specified.
    A delivery failure was reported.
    EventParameters:
    Distributor ID: 1
    Distributor Name: EPMSP
    Delivery Channel Name: SMTPNotificationChannel
    Notification ID: 1
    Notification Class Name: NotificationsOfScheme4bcf85b0_3728_4701_bc18_82f2d7186498
    Notification Status Info:
    Notification Text:
    Notification Sent Time: 04/21/2009 12:30:34

InstanceName: BusinessNotificationInstance
    ApplicationName: MBSBN
    Component: Distributor
    ComponentDetails: DistributorName: EPMSP
    Thread: 12

I had also verified that the messages are created in the messageStore table after turnoff the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service. But After stating NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service, entries are not created in the Business Notification Log.
    I am not able to understand wether the problem is in SMTP server configuration or somewhere else. Please suggest me any solution.
    If problem is in SMTP server configuration how can I configure SMTP server properly?
    make sure that you have configured your SMTP server correctly, and this machine can relay emails through that server

Try running service using administrator account. Then you can check if you have anonnimous access to SMTP connector or add BN server in granted list.
    THanks. I had tried this. But getting same error.
    The messages are in "Transmission Log table" but email is not sending.
    My problem is solved .
    The services for BN are deployment service and notification instance service should have login "Local System Account" as I installed the navision from local system account. \:D/