Migration without Running Adjust Cost Item entries Batch

maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
Hi all,

I'm upgrading Navision database Nav4.0 SP3 to Nav2009.
As guided in upgration manual, very first process should be to run "Adjust cost Item entries" batch.

Client(using mfg with item tracking) Database is with 4500000 Item ledger entries with DB size 50 GB. It's taking too long in completing batch job... still running. It has been more than 30 hrs & still we are looking each other's face....

last time, we ran batch 3 months before. Right now screen is with 'Not responding' caption........
Is it mendatory to run Adjust Cost batch before migration????
waiting for quick reply.

thanks in advance,
mahesh
Best Regards,
Mahesh Jain
mahesh@reliconservices.com

Comments

• supportnavsupportnav Member Posts: 34
    whether database is SQL or Native ?

I dont have any idea about Adjust cost Item batch job....

my suggestion is while doing migration process try to use Native database instead of SQL.

If u are using SQL means , it will take much more time compare with NAtive database .. but its taking more than one day !!!!!! :-k

These all are based on my experience.....
  • pranav-joshipranav-joshi Member Posts: 46
    Hi,

It is not necessary but recommended so it is MANDETORY so

Please do it before upgradation.

Pranav Joshi
    MS Dynamics NAV Consultant
    SBS Group Desert Mountain (Formerly Silverware Inc.)
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    If you do not run it as part of the upgrade there will be entries where the cost should have been adjusted but was not, meaning the cost value in the 2009 database and the entries themselves will be incorrect, unless you are standard costed, then the approach could arguably be different, but you would need to discuss it with the accountant.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen