wrong FIFO when using Bin codes in NAV 5.0 SP1

cssgyulacssgyula Member Posts: 31
Hi,

I have discovered at a client, when using only one Location with lots of Bin codes, that when I try to post a negative adjustment on a bin with inventory, the FIFO does not lower the remaining quantity on the Positive Adjustment Item Ledger Entry line with the same bin code, but does this on the first positive adjustment line in the Item Ledger Entry without taking care of the bin code and so the inventory of the bins are getting messed up. :!:

I tried to find the particular code for this, I even tried to filter out the ItemLedgEntry rec in CU22, in ApplyItemLedgEntry function, but this caused the posted Negative Adjustment line not to automatically lower the Remaining Quantity of any Positive Adjustment line in Item Ledger Entry, leaving the Negative Adjmt. line open. ](*,)

I have been debugging the whole posting process, but just could not find the place to put the IF Location."Bin Mandatory" THEN SETFILTER("Bin Code",....) code, so that the FIFO-automatism keeps on working, and taking care of the bin code where needed. :-k

If you have any experience or you already know a post that can help me solve this issue, please post it here, thanks in advance.
Best Regards,

Gyula (Jules) Csiák-Sedivy

There are two things, which you cannot learn from books. True love and Software Coding.

Comments

• KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    The FIFO costing method has nothing to do with warehouse processes. You can activate FEFO (First expired-First Out) in 5 SP1 if item tracking with lot or serial nos. are used, but this new function seems to have lots of confirmed bugs which are hopefully fixed in SP2.

Similar topic here.
    Kai Kowalewski