Voucher Approval

vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
Hi Friends,

In Nav 5.0 SP1 Is there any option wherein, Journal Vouchers and Payment Vouchers can be sent for approval, only after approval it should be posted. i.e - User A has rights to create an Payment journal, he has to sent it for approval by higher authority. Only after the approval it should be posted. User A should be able to Post the Journal unless it was checked by Higher authority ( User B).

Regards,
Vijay

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    AFAIK there is no standard functionality in NAV 5.0 or NAV 2009. You can set user roles and resonsibility for posting the vouchers.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Thanks !! This is work around solution i have suggested to the customer, but the problem is, Three users are involved

User A creates it
    User B Verifies it
    User C Approves & Post it.

How come the user C will know weather its approved or rejected :?:
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    This may work, as we have done something like this for one of our clients:

User A: Insert/Modify permission only in General journal.
    User B: Create one approval function with an option field say "Approved/Declined" with reference/check to user setup for executing this function by the concerned user(which updates the field "approved/declined" accordingly in the gen. journal line when run)
    User C: Post only permission for the journal lines where the "Approved/Declined" field is "Approved". You may opt to have a separate form for user C which is filtered with "Approved".
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Hi deep,

I am not getting how u done this customization .
    In General Journal under one batch u created 1 0 lines.
    Suppose I line( record ) is accepted and IInd line ( 2nd record ) rejected.
    So how to do this .
    Could u elaborate about this what u had done.
    hansika
    In the gen. journal post code, you need to filter the records on "Approved" status before posting, and exclude the rejected ones, just like it filters on "Journal Journal Template" and "Journal Journal Batches".
    Or you can provide a separate for journal posting say "Approved journal entries" for which the access is only to the user who has got posting permission. DO filter the form with journal lines="Approved". Remove or hide the "Post" button on other forms(previous original ones) if you like.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Hi,

1) I think it is not so simple to do all these customizations.. is it correct
    2 ) Let me know did u done the customization based on the amount wise for Journals( like purchase / sales orders concept)
    If yes , could u throw some information on this.
    hansika
    1) I think it is not so simple to do all these customizations.. is it correct
    There is no big logic in it. This is the simplest thing which can be done. All you need is to apply some filters, add one two fields, and write a small code.
    2 ) Let me know did u done the customization based on the amount wise for Journals( like purchase / sales orders concept)
    Please be more clear for "amountwise". Unfortunately I am unable to get what u tried to explain.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • yekedeyekede Member Posts: 96
    Hi all i have a scenario similar to the above. User A has to create the journal lines but not post. User A send the journal lines to User B for posting. After sending the lines User A must not see the lines he sent again. User B has to check the lines and post them.
    What is the best way to solve this?
    Do i create a new journal table only for User A so that he send the lines to table 81(journal line) and delete from new journal line table?
    If yes what routines are necessary for the new table?
    Any other idea or contribution is appreciated