Printing via NAS using Printer selection table

b52b52 Member Posts: 22
Yo! :D

I'm using the "REPORT.RUN(Number [, ReqWindow] [, SystemPrinter] [, Record])" with false,false but since the NAS dont know the real user it doesnt work. What can be done?

/K

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    NAS knows the real user, it is the user account under which the service is running... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • b52b52 Member Posts: 22
    Very funny Kamil!

After next icehockey game, I'll be the one laughing ... :)

To be a bit clearer, I'm looking for a "REPORT.RUN(Number, False, MyOwnPrinter, Record)" where MyOwnPrinter is a variable sett by me.

/K
    I still do not undersand your problem. If you use that, NAS will look into Printer Selection table and will select the correct printer if set there for the combination of User and Report. To be able to select correct printer you need to set it for the reort and for the User under which the NAS is running.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Ok!

Our NAS is logged on as an Admin. Then, I have one user (PDA) in Bratislava, one in Brno and one in Tokyo and they surely [-X dont want their prints on the same printer. NAS 8) beleive they are all Admin.

:idea: A very ugly way is to let each user have their own reportnumber which then can be directed with "REPORT.RUN(Number [, ReqWindow] [, SystemPrinter] [, Record])". How ugly would you rate that one :?:

/K
    You can use singleinstance codeunit and modification of the FindPrinter function in CU1 to take the UserID not from the system variable but from the singleinstance codeunit (just for the NAS), which will be set to value you have got from the PDA (to transfer the "PDA_UserID" between your codeunit and the CU1).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanx!

Thats sounds like something! Do you know where one can read :shock: more about that?

/K
    E.g. on Mibuso... ;-) I recommend the HowTo's sections for articles about communication between objects...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Yes it works! :D

Thanks again Kamil and I'm sorry about the game last night!

/K
    :-) Thanks... and you are welcome... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.