Refresh production order

benchibsbenchibs Member Posts: 10
I have created a new production order manually .I refreshed it ,expecting the component subassemblies to appear on the the lines beow the header but they are not .I have checked that there are quantities ,the manufacturing policy is make to order.Where else can I check?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Why do you expect the sub-assemblies to appear on the same order? They will be seen as required components but manufactured as separate production orders, unless the BOM has tehm as Production BOMs indicating they are phantoms so then they will be in the components list as the components of the sub-assembly BOM.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • benchibsbenchibs Member Posts: 10
    edited 2009-04-17
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Why do you expect the sub-assemblies to appear on the same order? They will be seen as required components but manufactured as separate production orders, unless the BOM has tehm as Production BOMs indicating they are phantoms so then they will be in the components list as the components of the sub-assembly BOM.

Because that is the way I have set them up .On other orders they appear like that .This is because when we issue the job card we issue one job card for the whole order ,rather than seperate job cards for each subassembly.However the problem is that no line is appearing on the producton order when I refresh the order
    And how have you set them up to achieve this, and what is the standard processing to get these on the order, the Planning Worksheet?
    AdamRoue wrote:
    And how have you set them up to achieve this, and what is the standard processing to get these on the order, the Planning Worksheet?

I have set up manufacturing policy as Make to order on the manufactured items.if mfg policy is make to stock ,the orders come out separately on sepaerate production orders. The standard processing is to run MPS and accept the order proposal .However i can also do it by manually creating the order if there is no demand in the system associated with the product
    If you setup an item up as MTO this does not mean they will appear grouped on one production order. Are you saying if you have 5 lines on a sales order these appear as one production order with 5 lines, or are you saying if you have one line on a sales order the production order list the parent and all of the manufactured sub-assemblies on the same order? Or Both?

Are you using families?
    What version are you on?
    Any modifications in this process?
    AdamRoue wrote:
    If you setup an item up as MTO this does not mean they will appear grouped on one production order. Are you saying if you have 5 lines on a sales order these appear as one production order with 5 lines, or are you saying if you have one line on a sales order the production order list the parent and all of the manufactured sub-assemblies on the same order? Or Both?

Are you using families?
    What version are you on?
    Any modifications in this process?

If have one line on a sales order ,the production order list the parent and all of the manufactured sub-assemblies on the same order.I am on v5 ,no modifications .I am not using families
    If you are not using families then you have a modification, because as standard NAV does not work in this way.

If i have a top level item the production order is for the top level, there will be no blow through even in make-to-order, it would depend upon the reordering policy, but only families have multiple lines on a production order, or possible a project order, but again these are only top levels, only families could produce sub-assemblies on the same order.
    HalMdy Post subject: Avoid multiple Prod. Order lines on a MTO Prod. OrderPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Let's assume I have a MTO finished item based on a MTO semi-finished item.
    When I create production for my finished item, both finished and semi are coming on the same production order, on two Production Order lines.

Because of many historical reasons, we want only one line per Prod. Order, so the system has to generate two Prod. Orders, one for the finished and one for the semi-finished .

How can I do that ?

Version is 3.70

Thx for help !!

Revolution1210 Post subject: Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:45 pm

Country: This is handled by the Manufacturing Policy field on the item, and you will get 1 line for each item within your bom structure where that item has been set to Make-to-order on the item card.

Set the semi-finished product to Make-to-stock maybe??? Manufacturing experts.....

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV

HalMdy Post subject: Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Country: Yep, if I put semi-finished to MTS, it will be detached to the MTO Prod. Order.

But ... I want to manage the semi as MTO too, it's not possible to put it on MTS.
    Use of Make to stock & Make to order in Planning

Page 1 of 1
    [ 2 posts ]
    Subscribe topic | Bookmark topic | Print view | E-mail friend | Previous topic | Next topic

hansika Post subject: Use of Make to stock & Make to order in PlanningPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:54 am

In Item card Manufacturing Policy : we have make to stock or make to order .
    I know the Meaning of this fields.

But what to know are these fields are Just viewing purpose or are there any planning calculations

will happen on this setup when we run planning or Requisition worksheeet?
    Please let me know the exact use of this fields ?

It could be better if u throw a good example to understand about the planning based on this setup.

Thanks and regards

kine Post subject: Re: Use of Make to stock & Make to order in PlanningPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 am

Country: May be description from on-line help will help you:

Quote:
    Make-to-Stock
    The program considers just the first level of the bill of materials (BOM) and allows only one item per production order.
    A make-to-stock item is produced to inventory levels. Typically, these are standard items with a relatively short manufacturing lead time or items that are used as required subassemblies for other items.
    This manufacturing policy is generally used with the reordering policies of Fixed Reorder Quantity and Maximum Quantity.

Make-to-Order
    The program explodes the BOM, and creates an additional production order line (or production order proposal line) for each level in the BOM structure where that item's manufacturing policy has also been defined as make-to-order. This means that if you want to make multilevel production orders, then the manufacturing policy for the parent item, as well as the component items at all levels, must be make-to-order.
    When you use make-to-order, the program will create an automatic reservation between the requirement and the corresponding replenishment order proposal. This will preserve the customized information on the relevant orders and link them for inventory and costing purposes.
    This manufacturing policy is generally used with the reordering policy of Order and possibly, Lot-for-Lot.

Make-To-Stock - if you want to keep inventory on some level regardless sales orders etc.
    Make-To-Order - if you want to use JIT system etc.

Yes I do not disagree with Kamil

He states
    "The program explodes the BOM, and creates an additional production order line (or production order proposal line) for each level in the BOM structure where that item's manufacturing policy has also been defined as make-to-order. This means that if you want to make multilevel production orders, then the manufacturing policy for the parent item, as well as the component items at all levels, must be make-to-order."

So if I have a parent with a make to order policy and sub-assembly BOM's on my planning worksheet I would see one line for my parent and more lines for my subassemblies - the subassemblies are linked to the parent from a reservation perspective as you need the lower sub-assemblies to make the parent.

It DOES NOT however mean that all of the sales order manufacrturing requirements, parent and sub-assemblies, appear on one production order with multiple lines.
    As for the 3.7 point the MTS and MTO setting had greater impact in 3.7, with the re-writing of the replenishment system the use of this field was reduced in 4 moving forward, therefore I believe this post is not relevant.

There maybe other fields that you could configure this with, families is one, but not to my knowledge of the standard software. that said it has never been a requirement so I have never investigated it so there could be a configuration that does this that is not families, however you are hitting an issue between two processes and setups, so presumably it is data related and it still goes back to what you are doing.Ultimately if you raise it manually it will be different, there is no demnd driving this and the sub-assemblies, so the only way to achieve this in this manner would be families. No problem with you correcting me, only too happy to find out new functionality I have not needed in the past, so if you find the setting, or other users enlighten us lets hope it is posted here to solve the issue. I am now more interested in how your current one is set to achieve this!
  • apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    benchibs wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:

I have set up manufacturing policy as Make to order on the manufactured items.if mfg policy is make to stock ,the orders come out separately on sepaerate production orders. The standard processing is to run MPS and accept the order proposal .However i can also do it by manually creating the order if there is no demand in the system associated with the product

Hi,
    If you want to have Main Item and its Semiproducts in one production order, you should set up manufacturing policy as Make-to-order for Main Item and for its Semiproducts.