shift tab

julie123julie123 Member Posts: 5
Hello,

I have an issue with tab control on a form.
When I press tab, the cursor is placed on the correct control, I defined this with the Nextcontrol property.

But when I press Shift Tab, it does not go to the previous control.
I searched for the property Previouscontrol but it does not exist.
Does anyone know how I can solve this (version 5)?

Thx!

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    edited 2009-04-17
    there isn't such a property, as you said...

*edit: i wrote this previously, but is not correct:
    the trick is to put IDs of the controls in the correct order (shift+tab takes the current ID and moves to the previous one)

*edit2: after investigating, the "logic" is to take bottom control of the nearest column of the current control as the previous control: in standard sales header, starting from posting date you'll get the city. if you move the city to the bottom of the second column, you'll get the comment button instead. It's hard to explain ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • julie123julie123 Member Posts: 5
    So this can not be solved?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I think it can't be solved as you want, i'm sorry (see my edited message)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    ok, thank you for your answer!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    This has never worked properly, next control works fine, but it does not pick this order in reverse, which is indeed extremely annoying. I have no idea why there is a property for NEXT control but not for PREVIOUS control.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Because there is only one way forward but can be more ways backward (if 3 controls have NextControl same, whre you will go when going back from this control?) The NextControl is there to make faster data entry, but not to make faster data corrections... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Well that would be easily solved by including a 'PreviousControl' property. That's what I mean, they took the time to include a 'NextControl' property, but for some reason decided that would not care about the reverse order.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, NAV is application, which is moving only forward and is not looking back... :mrgreen:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    LOL that's an interesting way of putting it :mrgreen:
    kine wrote:
    Yes, NAV is application, which is moving only forward and is not looking back... :mrgreen:

Haha, I will tell this to my customer :)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Well if you set the nextcontrol of the last field to the first field then it will just loop around.
    I guess they figured if you missed a field, you can just keep tabbing until the field came up again.