Copy Document function with Item Tracking Lines

muziclovermuziclover Member Posts: 65
I have a Canadian client on: Version NA Dynamics NAV 5.0 (5.0 SP1). This client was originally installed on Version 5.0 and later patched to SP-1.

While they normally ship a single item on each sales order, that one item line is shipped in pounds and has anywhere from 10 - 30 associated tracking entries (lot batches).

Every so often they need to do a credit/rebill for price adjustments. That said, they create a return order and copy the posted invoice. All of the associated item tracking entries copy fine and they're able to post the credit without any problems and put the lot batched items back in stock.

The issue is this: When they create the new sales order and copy the posted invoice (with all associated tracking entries), the invoice copies but the item tracking entries do not. In addition, we tried copying from the posted credit memo and that didn't work either. We have tried every combination of 'Include Header'/'Recalculate Lines' and DO NOT 'Include Header'/'Recalculate Lines' that is possible - end result is the same.

When we tested the same process verbatim in a native 5.1 Cronus database, it worked with no problems. I am on Version US Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 (5.00).

- I have verified that neither codeunit 6620 nor the Item Tracking Managment codeunit have been modified in their database.
- This client has had no modifications other than to a couple forms
- There are no KB articles on this topic

Can anyone tell me why this might be happening? I am genuinely baffled...

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    In your first sentense you metion Version US Dynamics NAV 5.0 (SP1 5.00). but later you mention
    Version US Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 (5.00).

Which one is it? Did the client just do an exe upgrade, or did you actually merge the sp1 objects but didn't upgrade the executable?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n