Migration from posted transactions back into open orders

AlexandreAlexandre Member Posts: 12
Dear all Navision gurus,

I am currently handling a project that includes 2 Navision version (Version 4 and 5) to be operated concurrently. One of the requirement is to migrate all posted transactions (receipts/shipments and invoices) from Version 4 back into open SO and PO in Version 5.

I have difficulties in preparing the logic to transfer the quantities if there is an existing records in Version 5. FYI that I need to override the whole thing if there is an existing record in Version 5. I hit error when attempting to validate SalesLine."No.", saying that Qty. Shipped Not Invoiced must be 0.

Anyone ever experience the same requirement as above and can help me to explain on how the program's logic should be? Thanks alot!

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Alexandre,

Welcome to Mibuso!

Sound to me as if you will hit trouble with this. If you suceed in copying the order what happens to the shipment/invoice posted in Version 5?

I would have thought you would just change the quantity e.g. if order for 100 and 20 shipped then amend the quantity of the line but should be >= 20.

There are ways around this but you WILL encounter problem down the line.

Hope this helps.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • AlexandreAlexandre Member Posts: 12
    Hi DaveT,

Thanks for your advice. The plan is actually all Order transactions will be posted in Version 4 while Version 5 will do all the financial reports. The problem came when I cannot just dataport all the posted tables from Version 4 to Version 5 as I am not sure of what are the complete set of tables that is affected after the posting routine.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    MAYBE copydocument standard feature can help you...it's under function button in sales invoices (for example)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog