Inventory valuation qty differs from qty on item card

fellowesfellowes Member Posts: 10
In the inventory valuation the qty is 44 th1e value -1,180,705. On the item card the inventory qty is 0;

I thing this is not normal. Is it possible to correct that.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I suppose I should ignore your other posting referencing brutal hacking. :D

Well first the report runs from the value entries, the card from the item ledger entries. So I would first drill into the item ledger entries and sum them - of course please remove any preset filters you have.

The second point is the date on the valuation report - how far back are you going? Set the date before the system started to ensure it is not a date related issue.

If you have a difference with no filters set on teh report and screen you have a difference betwen your value entry and item ledger entry, probably caused by the deletion of records (non-standard).
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • fellowesfellowes Member Posts: 10
    I ran the report from 01/02/09 to 28/02/09. Qty in the column as of 28/02/2009 should be the total qty in stock as per 28/02/2009. No ?

Sum of ledger entry is 0. I work on a copy of the DB and no movement done on the item after 28/02/2009.

If 44 is the total of something (a set of value entries) were can I find it and what is it.

So if this is due to a deletion of item entries or insertion of value entries. how can I know that and how can it be solved.

((My other posting are related but the change of method is still not done. I made some test on a small local DB.
    Investigating on the change of costing method I talk to accounitng person who told me he never used any valuation report coming from NAV because it was only (tuuuuuut). This is why a little difference caused by a change of method does not worry me.))