Business Notif.Questions:new XMLport/Template,services bckup

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

I have a pair of questions for you:

1) we have created a new XMLPort copy of standard XMLPort 8000-Purchase Order and modified it. We expected to see it in the list of templates without having modified the code in Navision. Is that possible or is it necessary to modify the code in NAV?
At the moment we only need to view the template in BN client, then it is obvious that, for generating the event, we need to modify the code.
If the XMLPort is not correct for something it is not exposed in template lists?

2) on the server we have a software of backup on tape that stops the services of SQL Server for the time necessary to transfer on the tape (2 hours). We have seen that notification services try an infinitive amount of times to connect and interrogate the database but it is not running so a lot of errors are log in event viewer.
I ask you the better way to avoid this. I think that it is necessary to stop also the two services "Notification Service Deployment Manager” and "NS$BusinessNotificationInstance" but I don't know the order and if there is a better way through the IIS / Web services / Virtual path.

Thank you