Purchase Prices

lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
I am sure this is a potential pain for Navision users. On the item card the prices shown are unit cost, last cost and a unit price (selling cost based on the price/profit calculation).
We use the Purchase price facilty ( in the Purchase tab ), this is used where a vendor gives a new price list with a starting and end date for their latest costs. But because this information is not readily visible what happens is when a customer contacts us for a price on an item the sales team will look at the item price and quote that price without knowing what the potential cost will be for us to purchase the item. I was thinking maybe trying to put a new text box onto the item card to show show the Purchase Price.
Can someone tell me how I get to the Purchase Price, and would it be possible to do what I am suggesting.

Alan

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Okay there are lots of questions with this business approach, but assuming you have them all buttoned down and you simply want the appropriate purchase price on the sales line, then this should be possible. It would seem you already have a modification in place - there is no purchase tab as stadnard on the item card - do you have a field giving you the current/best purchase price from the purchase price table? If so can you add this field to the sales line so you see it when the item is entered?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    Maybe I was confusing when I mentioned Purchase tab, I mean the Purchase menu button on the bottom of the item card. This holds purchase prices for vendors and a date fields. This is the purchase price I would like to be visible on the item card, at the moment the costs on the item card show past prices and not what the item would cost if we ordered one today.
    Alan
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So I presume you are not standard costed and do not have sales prices.

I am sure the developers can tell you how to bring forward the field, or to appear as per the purchase prices section in V5 against the sales line. However the system will need to know how to deal with conflicts. So you can elimiate dates, but what about multiple vendor pricing - what should it bring back? Perhaps create a button to launch the purchase prices for the item or something?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen