Automatic Lot No. Assigment

lor_med83lor_med83 Member Posts: 4
Hello,

I would like to reopen an old topic regarding - Automatic Lot No. Assigment.

I have this case that is similar with many situations on many of the customers.

A customer is currently using Lot. Numbers to track items. The customer is not using the Lot. No. series but Lot. No. are already created in sistem but there is necesary to be (picked)entered manually during a sales/purchase order.

What I need to do programmatically or automatically, is when a Sales Line record is inserted, it must have the "Item Tracking Lines" populated with the correct Lot. No., according to FIFO.

What i am trying to simulate automatically is the functionality of the following manual steps:

1. Open the "Sales Order" Card/Form
2. Click on one of the Sales Line.
3. Click on Line -> Item Tracking Lines from the menu buttons.
4. On the new form that appears, "Item Tracking Lines", Click on Functions -> Select Entries
5. A new form will open, "Item Tracking - Select Entries", with the appropriate Lot(s) selected, according to FIFO.
6. Click the "OK" button and the "Item Tracking Lines" form is populated with all of the information.

I saw this question on an old topic but i am requesting more details about the solutions and if this was finalize by someone could be kind to describe the steps and what functions did he created and where he placed this code in which object -codeunit.
Me i was thinking to create a button that will pick the data from Reservation Entry Table (because i have activated the Reservation) and the push the data into Tracking Specification table. This is my first ideea. So i am asking again if someone already have done this please could you share the information. Thanks 1000.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I suggest to setup location to allow to create Pick. That way the pick will be created with Lot/serial no. And then you can register the pick.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n