Developer Toolkit

FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
Hi all,

I have installed the developer toolkit (last version) to migrate from 5.0 to NAV 2009, but i have two error. My steps...

1) Create a new native database in NAV 2009 (i have created in 5.0 version too)

2) Create a company

3) Import DevTool.fob

4) Open Developer Toolkit and select open database.

5) Select the path of C/Front of the developer

6) Select no database server (because when i select the database, it desappears :S)

7) Select the new database

8) NO user and pass

Error!! Dont select a database!!

I have already used the developer before and i hadn´t any problems... i´m using Windows Vista :´(

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

I've been using this version fine. What's the exact error?

Have you closed the Nav session first?
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
    edited 2009-04-14
    DaveT wrote:
    Hi,

I've been using this version fine. What's the exact error?

Have you closed the Nav session first?

Hi DaveT

Yes, I have closed NAV, i´m only running the Developer... are you using Window Vista too?

Now i have create an user in the database and i have selected in the Developer but crash again. The error is 1362 (You have not selected a database)

Thx... ](*,)
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I always see similar errors ("You have not selected a database") along with other error messages when there is not enough memory available on my pc. Could this be a cause for your problem :-k
    I have repeted all the process again and its all ok!! But with a xp machine :-k strange...

Thank you ;)
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Franklin,

Yes I'm using Vista - sounds like I'm the lucky one whos version work first time.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    Well finally i have get open the database jiji =D>

but when i open the .txt files to import.... crash!!! It only imports a few tables... During the import process i had a lot of error of imports :( why?
    What types of errors?
    It always the same error...

When i try to import the .txt custom client version (in this case 5.1), at first in the table... error!!

"Error during the import" and it open a window whit this info. For example with table 5

Object Table 5
    Sections imported:
    OBJECT-PROPERTIES
    PROPERTIES
    FIELDS
    KEYS
    <ERROR>

Last imported Data:

Property:
    VAR DocFinChargeAmt@1100005 : Decimal CurrMinAmt@1100006 : Decimal CurrAddFee@1100007 : Decimal
    BEGIN IF NOT GET(Code2) THEN EXIT IF NoOfDays < 1 THEN EXIT IF CurrCode= TotalFinChargesAmt := TotalFinChargesAmt + CurrMinAmt

TotalFinChargesAmt := ROUND(TotalFinChargesAmt,Currency."Amount Rounding Precision")
    END

Code:
    Trigger/Line:5->CurrForFinChrgTerms.DELETEALL;

Variable:

Function:
    OnDelete

Field/Control:
    15/Line Description

Keys:
    2/PROCEDURE CalcFinChargesAmt@1100013(PostDate@1100000 : Date

EDIT: It only imports correctly whit file text version 2009. The current version 5.0 and cronus 5.0 crash!!

Why? :-k
    Sombody knows about this?

How do you use the developer toolkit with 5.0 and 2009 versions?

Plz help...
    Maybe because the changed the text file format...

Try the following: Copy your database (or export all objects as fob - I haven't tried it - and import them in a new blank 2009 DB) and open the copy with the new client in order to convert it. Export your objects as text from there and try to import them...

Also do a little [-o< . It is Easter so it might help... :D
    Forgot to ask... What was the problem with opening the database? How did you solve it?
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    I am getting error 1362 when I attempt to open the database for developer toolkit that I just created (version 5 SP1). I just downloaded the latest version of the toolkit.

Did anyone solve this?

TIA.
  • BiboBibo Member Posts: 22
    ToolKit 3.00.410 uses NAV 2009 database. If You created Database in 5.0 SP1 client it must be converted before using with ToolKit, but exectly with NAV 2009 not NAV 2009 SP1.

With NAV 2009 SP1 database ToolKit will not work - for this needed to install NAV 2009 ](*,)
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    I downloaded developers toolkit version 3.00.4.00

I got the same error when I ran it and attempted to open the database.

So I downloaded the next previous version 2.00.291SP3. When I attempt to open the database with the developer toolkit, I get a different error number - 1048.

I must be doing something wrong but I have no clue as to what it is. I read through the instructions and followed them step-by-step.

My OS is Windows XP.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    I've a different problem with the Developer's Toolkit 2.00 SP3.
    When I open the Toolkit and I open the database nothing happens... like the opening process didn't work...
    but if I try again to open it asks me if I want close the db...

Ideas?
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...