Currency Exchange Rate error

DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
Hi all,

I have a customer thats running on Navision 5.0 Native and they recently hit this error message when applying a Credit Memo to a Purchase Invoice.

There is no Currency Exchange Rate within the filter. Filter: Currency Code: MYR, Starting Date: ".."

The last time I hit this error, it was because I was using a Currency Code with no exchange rate setup. This time I have already specified an exchange rate, start date etc but I'm still hitting the same error.
I have also checked whether my Posting Date for my Credit Memo is within my currency rate period and it is.

Does anyone know what else could be causing this error msg?

Thanks
Dave

Answers

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Is the original purchase order date within your filter?

Not sure what it checks rate wise on the application, but it would be good to eliminate this.

Also is todays date within the filter?

NAV is trying to calculate the application rate, and there is a date blocking it as it cannot figure out the rate. Either that or a bug. :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply!

All my dates are within my currency rate filter.

Looks like I gotta get my tech guy to look at this. Seems very much like a bug hmmmm.... :-k
    Did some extra testing.

Instead of trying to apply the Credit Memo to a Purchase Invoice before posting, I posted the CM first and then went to apply it and surprisingly there was no error.

Some date validation gone wrong at the Credit Memo?
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    My memory tells me it was an early bug in 4, but you are running 5, so you would need to report it back, although if it is a recoginised bug it is likely it has already been reported back.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Thanks Adam.

I'll just mark this as solved and get my tech guys to look at it. Or search for a hotfix.