MenuSuite - Menu Items not showing

Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
Let me set the scene:

I have a user that has just returned to work after a long absence.

Since they have been away, we have developed some new modules that I need them to now use. So...
    Added the permissions against their windows login Assigned the user to the new menu options

Logged on as the user and the new menu options are not visible ???

So,
    I deleted the Zup file - No effect I deleted the windows user and recreated - no effect I deleted the user from the AD, recreated (giving them a new SID), recreated in Nav - No effect

By this point, I am running out of ideas...

Lastly I created a DB user with the same roles and Menu options and it works !!! ](*,)

Whilst this is okay for the DB user, my users want to use Windows Logins and NOT DB logins.

Any ideas ?

TIA.

Dean
Remember: Keep it simple

Comments

• ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
    Hi
    Have u checked the Navigation Pane Designer(Assign Users)....
    also have u done the Syncronization of that user id.....check the roles & permision for that new modules.....
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi,

Yes I have Assigned users (please refer to line 5 of my post)

And no , I have not synchronised as I am using Native not SQL which I should have mentioned

For additional Reference, I am using Client side exe v4 sp3 (Build 23305) and server side exe V4 sp1 (Build 21666)

Thanks though.

any more suggestions PLEASE [-o<
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    I deleted the Zup file - No effect
    I deleted the windows user and recreated - no effect
    I deleted the user from the AD, recreated (giving them a new SID), recreated in Nav - No effect

When you delete users and "recreate" back, SID is different. So, you have to delete existing user in NAV database and add it back again. Also check (and delete record if necessary) T:"User", T:"Windows Login", T:"Windows Access Control", T:"User Menu Level"
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    SOLVED :)

Well, Kind of....

I looked at all the tables suggested by Malajlo and nothing was contained within the first 3. I looked at the "User Menu Level" table and had some old users and some very weird entries, so I cleaned them up (the user in question was not in there though ??).

Just for the sheer hell of it, I recreated the user in windows logins in Navision, assigned the menus to the user and it worked :shock:

So i'm not sure if cleaning up the "User Menu Level" table was the issue or not, but it now works anyway \:D/

Thanks all.

Dean