Database Replication

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
I have two Navision Databases(Say, DB1 and DB2).Both Databases having same objects.I want replication b/w both databases(means Data of Database(i.e,DB1) Should go in another Database (i.e,DB2) continuosly) without using LS-Retail.How can I do it.I want replication of both Database continuosly.
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Which data?
    2) The databases are live databases for two companies? Or it is live and test database?
    3) MS SQL or Native?
    4) This is not easy thing which can be decided based on few pieces of information...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    The Data of all tables there are two companies in Database(DB1).I want to replicate data of both companies in Database(i.e.,DB2).My both databases are in Native not in SQL or 1 database can be in SQL and another can be in Native but out of 2 Databases 1 is Native Database its sure.
    Vikram Dabas
    The Data of all tables there are two companies in Database(DB1).I want to replicate data of both companies in Database(i.e.,DB2).My both databases are in Native not in SQL or 1 database can be in SQL and another can be in Native but out of 2 Databases 1 is Native Database its sure.Both Databases are Live databases.
    Vikram Dabas
    The target database is "live" database or some database used for testing purpose?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Yes "Live Database" is target database
    Vikram Dabas
    And the source is Live database too?

If yes, I hope that you have correct licensing... ;-)

And you will need to create something like LS-Retail. Using C/Front or C/ODBC or ADO depending on which side will be the active one, or you can use WebServices to exchange the data, but in all cases it will be big "customization"...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    What customization We have to do?
    Vikram Dabas
    If I will renumber the LS-Retail Objects and use DD or C/Front for replication,then will it helpful for me or not?
    Vikram Dabas
    If I will renumber the LS-Retail Objects...

You mean STEAL the objects? [-X
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Ya.Will it helpful for me or there is any other option to replicate the data
    Vikram Dabas
    There are many ways but you will need to gather this know-how yourself, not by stealing from other products. You can be "inspired" by other products, you can study them, but this is on you...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    In My scenerio I have One Live SQL 2005 database and I want to keep an other SQL 2005 database server at an other physical location . How can I replicate the complete data of all the tables to and from the Live SQL? Should I use LS Retail Data Replication or SQL replication feature or any other solution to achive this task?