Error in Production BOM while changing the status

deepthi.vdeepthi.v Member Posts: 62
Hi All,

I created one production BOM with different components. when iam changing the status from new to certified iam getting an error that

MAx. Levels in BOM Structure on 50 is too High.Current Item No.,End BOM header NO. Level 25.

how can we overcome this.

Suggest mee...

Regards,
Deepu.

Answers

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Dit you solve this on your own?
    Because if you did not, marking your post as solved will let people think you've already solved it.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Deepu,

If you haven't solved it - it's probably do to the BOM referencing itself in a lower level.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • deepthi.vdeepthi.v Member Posts: 62
    Hi Dave,Sog,

Thanks For the Suggestions,I able to solve the problem as dave.t said...

Thanks,

Deepu :)
  • kellycywkellycyw Member Posts: 24
    Hi All,

How you solve this? I face the same error message. After i change the component in Production BOM and i change the status from under development to certified, system prompt an error message : "Max Level in BOM structure on 50 is too high. current Item No. End BOM Header No.XXXXXXXXX. Level 25"

Please advise

Kelly
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    In compound BOMS (boms consisting of other boms, who in turn are also compound of other boms) there is a hardcoded maximum of 50 levels (bom in bom in bom in bom...).
    This is done to catch infinitive loops. example of infinite loop: (bom1 in bom2 in bom3 in bom1)
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • SCSImplSCSImpl Member Posts: 6
    You wil need to resolve all these errors (the same way you did for the first error) before you can certify the BOM. Sounds like this recursive issue exists somewhere elese too. Just follow the error message and review the noted item.