Controlling permissions on certain functions

aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
Hi all, I am new to NAV 5.0

It's been bugging me. We only have End User license.
And I am wondering if there is any way to control functions performed on a form.

E.g. for Sales Order form, we only want to allow certain role to be allowed to do POSTING or Release Order.
Any idea how do I configure it?

Another scenario is to hide certain information in Item Card.
We don't want those with access to Item Card to be allowed to see Unit Cost.
They should only see Item/Product information.

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    aquawater wrote:
    Hi all, I am new to NAV 5.0

It's been bugging me. We only have End User license.
    And I am wondering if there is any way to control functions performed on a form.

E.g. for Sales Order form, we only want to allow certain role to be allowed to do POSTING or Release Order.
    Any idea how do I configure it?

Another scenario is to hide certain information in Item Card.
    We don't want those with access to Item Card to be allowed to see Unit Cost.
    They should only see Item/Product information.

Hi

If you create a role cointaining all codeunit except CodeUnit 414 (sales release order) or CodeUnit 80 (Sales Post), an User without "super" permission and this role can't release or post a sales document.

Or, if you remove "Insert permission" on Table 110/111 this prevent shiptments, Table 112/113/114/115 Sales Invoicing, etc..

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
    Interesting.. I got the idea now.
    I am from Windows Programming mindset, so I was thinking on how to prevent RELEASE order on event click, i.e. disable the button or whatsoever. :oops:

In NAV, we should just remove the access (INSERT / MODIFY) to underlying table.
    Thanks, Matteo.