Inconsistency error @ Service Invoice Posting

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi all,

I'm now working on CRONUS India Ltd.db in Nav2009.

I'm creating a service Invoice with taking a GL Account in Service Line and than try to post.It gives me an GL inconsistency error message.

After debugging, I have come to know that This Service Invoice calculates the VAT Amount but unable to carry to the GL.

So my question is that Should it calculate the VAT Amount in Service Invoice ?
If Calculate than why does it unable carry to GL ?
Is there any undocumented features in Localization ?

Kindly help me to solve this issue ](*,)
Now or Never

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I am not sure about this but give it a try :

Define "India VAT" in Vat Posting Setup for all the combination and post the invoice.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    ssingla wrote:
    I am not sure about this but give it a try :

Define "India VAT" in Vat Posting Setup for all the combination and post the invoice.

Hi Sandeep

Thnx for the reply.
    Kindly explain.
    Now or Never
    In the vat posting setup where combination of VAT business/product posting group are defined, you need to select "India Vat" in the field "Vat Calculation Type". This should be done for all the lines created in that setup.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:
    In the vat posting setup where combination of VAT business/product posting group are defined, you need to select "India Vat" in the field "Vat Calculation Type". This should be done for all the lines created in that setup.

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply but still issue is there...

I'm working on Cronus India Ltd. Db in Nav 2009. And There is now such type of option available in this field you mentioned.

The option I can select are as :

1. Normal VAT
    2. Reverse Charge VAT
    3. Full VAT
    4. Sales Tax

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    Now or Never
    Hi Sandeep,

Can you tell me one thing VAT should calculated or not in Service Invoice ??
    Now or Never
    If it is not a work contract involving services and material sale, both service tax and VAT will not be applicable on 1 invoice. The only exception is software license.

The irony with NAV is that we cannot book purchase bill from vendor = Microsoft India in the system properly as there is no localization feature which can handle both VAT and Service Tax together :oops: :( ](*,)
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Hi Sandeep,

This means that There is no VAT Calculation needed in Nav2009 and Nav 5.0SP1. Everything(VAT, Sales Tax, CST ) are handled by the Sales Tax.

Am I right ?
    Now or Never