Returning multiple selection from onlookup form

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
Its it possible to get a (multiple)selection from lookup window from other form and use the selection as a filter for something?

I know how to make a single selection, but cant figure how could I return multiple selected values.
:-k
K.S.

Answers

• hs_mannhs_mann Member Posts: 17
    Hi

Can you explain what exactly are you trying to do?

Regards

Harjot
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Trying to select multiple approval users and use the selection with a customization.
    K.S.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Mark the records then create a function that returns the marked records to the calling object.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    bbrown wrote:
    Mark the records then create a function that returns the marked records to the calling object.

Is it possible to make a temp instance from the records so if another person does the selection too, he wont see the marks (assuming I make boolean variables and add checkbocks for the form lines)?
    K.S.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Kisu wrote:
    bbrown wrote:

Is it possible to make a temp instance from the records so if another person does the selection too, he wont see the marks (assuming I make boolean variables and add checkbocks for the form lines)?

I am referring to marking records (Ctrl + F1). Marked records are not visible to other users. They are withing the active record set. Not on the table itself.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,
    Use the SETSELECTIONFILTER command - have a look how the standard customer list GetSelectionFilter function is coded. It's called from analysis view and builds up a filter string.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    Cheers from the quick ansvers, I'll test those suggestions ^^
    K.S.
    Hey, just wanted to say that it worked :mrgreen:
    Thanks for the quick replies!
    K.S.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Well done - good to hear you've solved it :mrgreen: