No Series

RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
Hi,

I want to generate No series in Invoice Form, by default based on certain condition on pressing F3, is it possible to chk in on Insert trigger.
eg : if type = cash then it should generate CS001.
if type = Ncash then it should generate NCS001. is it possible to check while creating new item, can any one guide me.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    RS8 wrote:
    Hi,

I want to generate No series in Invoice Form, by default based on certain condition on pressing F3, is it possible to chk in on Insert trigger.
    if type = Ncash then it should generate NCS001. is it possible to check while creating new item, can any one guide me.

The number field is a part of the primary key in the case of Invoice and in case of Item it is the primary key. So the only way to control is to customize the insertion of primary key through a separate table/form with the required conditions.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • devu_13devu_13 Member Posts: 101
    Hi

In this case you customize your form using a TextBox Or chkBox you will validate the Cash Or NCash before generate NoSeries..
    Devendra Kr. Sharma
    IBIZ Consulting Services,India
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    RS8 wrote:
    Hi,

Your question is bit confusing. You wanted to generate No Series in Invoice Form. But, again you say you wanted "when creating a new item" ??

If you don't want it a more complicated work (using coding), try using the existing functionality of assigning more than one No Series with relationship and uncheck "Default No." and enable "manual No." .

The user while creating an invoice can select the desired No series manually!
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just look into table 36 how the no. series selection is done. The table is using different no. series based on the document type (Invoice, Order, Cr. Memo etc.).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.