How can I edit Control - OnPush() using Object Designer?

Rob_BurkeRob_Burke Member Posts: 10
Hi,

I'm trying to modify a Form using the Object Designer - essentially I want to remove a line from the OnPush() of Control66 within that form.

I've gone into the Object Designer, got the Form and gone into Design. Then hit F9 to view the C/AL Code but I can't seem to see or edit any of the code for the Controls on that form. Just some functions.

I've found the line I want to remove using Code Coverage but I can't figure out how to edit it!

Any tips?

Cheers,
Rob

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to select the button (control) first, after that when you open the code you will see what you need... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Rob_BurkeRob_Burke Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for your quick reply kine - it's not actually a button though, it's a Menu Item on a button! I can't seem to figure out how to view the code for a Menu Item! :-/

Edit: Update! Thanks a million kine, I thought I'd tried this but I hadn't. I right-clicked on the button and clicked "Menu Items" then I highlighted the Menu Item in question and viewed the code and it worked exactly like you said it would.

Cheers mate,
    Rob
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Does your license allow you to edit code? or can you just see the code using code coverage?

What part of the code would you like to remove?
    Is it possible for you to disable that menu item & create a new one using
    Runobject priorties (this is assuming you can't get to the code)

Edit..I guess I was just a second late.