Intercompany SO/PO

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

Can anybody tell me how far the intercompany functionality goes as far as sales orders and purchase orders are concerned? I understand a PO in company A can be sent through the IC mailboxes to become an SO in company B. Is there any further integration? i.e. does a posted shipment from company B become a posted receipt in company A? Does the invoicing of the SO in company B automatically invoice the PO in company A?

Any assistance appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    In this post is a link to partnersource. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31331
    There you can download a worddoc script with all the examples are possible with the intercompany function
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Can anybody tell me how far the intercompany functionality goes as far as sales orders and purchase orders are concerned?
    Not far. It is very basic, does not even take into account unit of measure or location and does not work with Lot or Serial tracking if you have that setup at both sides.
    I understand a PO in company A can be sent through the IC mailboxes to become an SO in company B.
    Is there any further integration? i.e. does a posted shipment from company B become a posted receipt in company A?
    No, IC only works for the financial side of order, not the logistic part.
    Does the invoicing of the SO in company B automatically invoice the PO in company A?
    No, the IC feature is almost completely manual.
    - You have to create a PO in Company A.
    - Then you have to send this PO to the IC Partner using the IC Outbox.
    - Company B will have to accept this, which will create a SO in Company B.
    - Then you have to ship this SO in Company B.
    - Then you have to receive the PO in Company A
    - After post and invoicing the SO in Company B, you have to send an Outbox Transaction to Company A.
    - Then you have to accept this transaction in the Transaction Inbox of Company A, which will create a Purchase Invoice.
    - When posting this invoice, you will see all lines on the PO are received and invoiced, so you can (manually!) delete the PO in Company A.
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Many thanks guys, just the info I was after. (although maybe not the answers I'd hoped for!)

Jonathan
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651

- You have to create a PO in Company A.
    - Then you have to send this PO to the IC Partner using the IC Outbox.
    - Company B will have to accept this, which will create a SO in Company B.
    - Then you have to ship this SO in Company B.
    - Then you have to receive the PO in Company A
    - After post and invoicing the SO in Company B, you have to send an Outbox Transaction to Company A.
    - Then you have to accept this transaction in the Transaction Inbox of Company A, which will create a Purchase Invoice.
    - When posting this invoice, you will see all lines on the PO are received and invoiced, so you can (manually!) delete the PO in Company A.

Just got a headache reading this.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    We have done this Multiple Companies with the dimensions. With some modifications while invoicing (not much).