How to remove a shipment

DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
Hello, I'd like to know if there is any way to remove a shipment not facturated (not making a credit memo).
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Go to the Posted Shipment, select the lines and use the button Functions -> Undo Shipment.
    Then go to the original Order and modify or delete the Order Lines.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
    Perfect!!!, thanks for help.
    Thank you very much.
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Though for some reason this doesn't work for account lines.

Anyone know why this may be? This caused me problems with one client but I didn't investigate the code.

Ian
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    The Undo Shipment funtion ONLY works with Items. For accounts you'll have to post the Invoice and then the Credit Memo.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    kitik wrote:
    The Undo Shipment funtion ONLY works with Items. For accounts you'll have to post the Invoice and then the Credit Memo.

Salut!

G/L account and resources are not posted until the invoicing.
    With a small customization you can change the sales line shipped quantity and call InitOutstanding().

bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
    Hmm, possibilities...

Imagine you have a large order and you issue an invoice for the next 20% of a project to the client. Imagine the client then disagrees and says that 10% more of the project has been done.

Once invoiced, is there any way to go backwards in the order? I know there's no way to 'remove' the invoice other than a credit note.

The only way I know of correcting this situation is -
    - invoice everything
    - credit everything back
    - re-do the order
    - Invoice everything which had previously been invoiced correctly
    - Invoice the 10% instead of 20%

...... its a lot of work and highly error prone.

Ian
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Then don't invoice until the customer agrees.
    Print the order with the parts you want to invoice, give it to the customer, if he agrees post and send the invoice.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Yeah - thats what I said. And thats what I set up for them - but they still manage to put the wrong invoice date or some other mistake.

I created a system to help them calculate quantites to invoice by percentage plus a pre invoicing system which printed what they *would* be invoiced so they could get the client to agree beforehand... but it didn't seem to prevent errors.

Since I showed them how to repeat this correction process and told them he had to do it themselves they haven't rung me up so maybe they're just being muuuuuuch more careful these days.

Ian