In-Transit Location / Direct Transfer

MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
Hi folks,

Is there any way in Navision 5 to transfer directly from In-Transit location. Which means if Location 1 has transfered Item -X Qty 10 to Location 2 out of which 8 items are in good condition and 2 are damaged which location 2 does not want to recieve. How can it be returned back to Location 1 from In-Transit location?
Currently which I understood that Location 2 has to recieve the complete quantity and then he has to transfer back the 2 damaged item again to Location 1. This is not acceptable by the managment.

I will appreciate your expert opinion.

Regards

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If the goods have physically moved to that location and rejected than it has to be received and returned back.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • bablobablo Member Posts: 43
    You can pass item Journal Transfer from the In Transit location to the previous location or Pasa an Item Journal Adjustment out of the location and into the previous location.

Regards!
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Thanx Bablo. If I make Item Jouranl entry negative adjustment from In-Transit Location and Positive Adjustment to the returned back location I am unable to post the batch with item tracking lines the error is shown in attached picture. Please see the attached pictures.

Easiest way I know to recieve all items and then make a transfer order again but this is not accpeted so we have to find a workaround :(.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Never make manual inventory adjustments to an in-transit location. This will break the costing flow of the transfered inventory.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Hi Bbrown,

How can it break the costing process since when we do negative adjustment from in transit it takes the cost automatically and when you do the postive adjustment it again takes the same cost automatically and even we can define the cost which we want if it is required and it keeps the costing flow. You can check it doing these steps in Item journal of inventory folder in warehouse menu.

Assume that warehouse has transfered all good items to showroom and person recieves all the items in showroom and then he could return 2 same damaged items by saying that warehouse sent me damaged items. That is why to avoid such blaming game we decide not to allow receving goods if they are not in good condition and sender has to take it back from in-transit location some how. This is very crictical point when item worth expensive.

Please do suggest some soltution experts ](*,) ](*,)