Navision Application Server not running

sreeshasreesha Member Posts: 9
when am trying to run NAS through NASMSnapIn am getting the following error in the event viewer.

The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( A844LTRV-SQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The A844LTRV server cannot be found..

am using the following properties

database servername A844LTRV
database testing DB1
Company cronus
startupprameter nep-1
nettype tcp/ip

in the nas handler function in CU 1 i have given the message("nasrunning").

Please help

Thanks in advance

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It sounds like your NAS box doesn't have permission to talk to your database server. I'm no expert on that kind of stuff, though.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Looks like you might be running the NAS with the wrong user account.

For the NAS to be able to log in to the DB the following properties must be met for the user account that runs the NAS:

1. The useraccount is defined as a Windows login on the database
    2. The useraccount has Network access.

Do not run the NAS using the local system account.

Hope this helps
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    sreesha wrote:
    The A844LTRV server cannot be found.
    Are you on SQL Server? Do you by any chance have a named instance?

What you need to enter as servername and database name parameters is what you see on the Database tab when you open File, Database, Information.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • sreeshasreesha Member Posts: 9
    thanks everyone for the response.....

http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15..I follwed this manual only...
    Am using windows login only
    DANIEL,

am using sqlserver2005 express edition...yes i have named instance......

what change i have to do ?
  • sreeshasreesha Member Posts: 9
    thanks everyone for the response.....

http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15..I follwed this manual only...
    Am using windows login only
    DANIEL,

am using sqlserver2005 express edition...yes i have named instance......

what change i have to do ?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Then the server name parameter needs the name of the named instance. Not A844LTRV, but A844LTRV\NameOfYourInstance.

I already told you before what you need to enter:
    DenSter wrote:
    What you need to enter as servername and database name parameters is what you see on the Database tab when you open File, Database, Information.
    Open NAV, click on the File menu, go to Database, click on Information, look in the Database tab. You will see the server name and database name that you need to enter into the MMC console.