Questions of Application Builder.

billhwang2008billhwang2008 Member Posts: 32
I am using Navision 4.0 and purchased following development granules:

7,110 Report & Dataport Designer
7,120 Form Designer
7,130 Table Designer

Can someone tell me about the Application Builder License? Does it support to view, modify, delete the C/AL code of Form, Non-protected Tables?

Thanks!

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    From the PartnerSource granule description
    You use this granule to change the business rules and special calculations that work behind the scenes. These business rules and special calculations are defined in a language we call C/AL (C/SIDE Application Language). While Application Builder includes access to C/AL, it does not allow access to existing C/AL code that updates write-protected tables (postings for instance). Application Builder lets you create entirely new areas of functionality for your application, enabling you to tailor Microsoft Dynamics NAV to fit your entire organization. This tool also enables you to create 100 Codeunit objects (numbered from 50,000 to 50,099). The Application Builder granule enables you to take advantage of the functionality included for developers in the Navigation Pane Designer. This means, for example, that you can create new menu items.
    Note that to actually modify XML Port objects granule 7140 XML Port Designer is needed.

You might also be interested in Solution Developer
    You use this granule for the same purposes as the Application Builder granule, but it also gives you access to code that updates write-protected tables. This granule gives you the access necessary to change or create any object type, and gives you access to the Merge Tool and Upgrade Tool. This granule also enables you to use the menu options Translate/Export and Translate/Import in the Object Designer. These options are not available with the Application Builder granule.
  • billhwang2008billhwang2008 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks matttrax, 7300 Solution Developer is too expensive for us:( , that's why I want to choose the 7200 Application Builder, but I am not sure whether it is enough for our demands as below:

Can add or modify the C/AL code for the Forms and Tables (ID: 50000~50099);
    Can view the C/AL code of other Forms. (now, the menu item "C/AL code" is grey-out in Form Designer);
    Can view the C/AL code of other non write protected Tables.

Does anyone has experience with Application Builder to tell me? I'd really appreciate for any information.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Thanks matttrax, 7300 Solution Developer is too expensive for us:( , that's why I want to choose the 7200 Application Builder, but I am not sure whether it is enough for our demands as below:

Can add or modify the C/AL code for the Forms and Tables (ID: 50000~50099);
    Can view the C/AL code of other Forms. (now, the menu item "C/AL code" is grey-out in Form Designer);
    Can view the C/AL code of other non write protected Tables.

Does anyone has experience with Application Builder to tell me? I'd really appreciate for any information.

Yes, the Application Builder is what you need.