Outstanding Payment Vs. Real AR

ChikaChika Member Posts: 45
Dear All,

Hi , I want to ask how do I know total of outstanding payment from customer. Is there any report in NAV standard, which can be used to see the outstanding payment?

Let me give you an example :
Customer ABC has an Invoice INV0001 total 100.000,-
From customer card, I can see that total of Account Receivable for this customer is 100.000,-

And then Finance people enter 25.000,- in Cash receipt Journal for This Invoice, but she has not
posting the journal yet. So total AR remaining is still 100.000,-

My question is..., what form or report can I use to see, AR= 100.000,- Outstanding Payment = 25.000 in one window.

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,
Chika

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Chika

if there any un-posted journal entries mean that those transactions were never happened.
    You have to post the journal to see the "Actual" remaining amount.

Or, create a customized report to scan through all unposted journal entries to find the result you wanted.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Its best to think of anything in a posting journal as being notes written on little bits paper.... they're just notes of things which need to be entered into the systemm... the posting process. They can always just be dumped... so they haven't actually happened.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Anything that is posted can also be reversed or the reversed posted.
    The actual requirement could be a cashflow statement or projection of outstanding receivables report or...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    You would have to add the field yourself.

If I were going to do it, I would create a new field on the customer table, make it a flow field, that looks at the cash receipts journal, filtered for the customer number, then you could put this field right on the customer card next to the balance field and see the data you want.

Personally I wouldn't bother because what you are showing is in effect the days cash receipts that you just received but have only partially posted. (the partial being you entered but didn't press post yet.) Now if you are in the habit of inputing checks in the journal but not posting for a while then it could be usefull. For us, every days cash receipts are posted that day, so your field would only show data for a few minutes of the day, for just the time between data entry and posting.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    On the Cash Receipt Journal, if you click on Posting --> Reconile, it will reconcile your A/R with the journal entries you're about to post.

However, this is not per customer, it's only on the G/L level. I suspect you can take the same code and apply it so it's listed by customer.