Filter Business Analytics

riaria Member Posts: 43
Dear anybody,

Where i can setting filter on Business Analytics NAV 4.0 advanced?
Example i want my user "A" can only view customer ledger entries from sales person "A1". I have trial with criteria editor, equal to A1, and save the analysis, but the criteria editor can modified to all salesperson after i save.
Have another way to filter?

[-o< [-o< [-o<
Thanks & Regards

Ria

Comments

• nelson_azevedonelson_azevedo Member Posts: 8
    Hi ria,

You can do it, not in the BA client, but in BA Enterprise Manager. You need to set acess permissions, for the user "A" on your customer ledger cube and setting criteria in Salesperson dimension. :)

Nelson
  • riaria Member Posts: 43
    Hi Nelson,

I have try with security on BA enterprise manager, i create new user "A" and new role.
    How to give the role to user "A"?
    I have trial with add members on the new role, but i got an error message "The program cannot open the required dialog box because no locations can be found. Close this message and try again."
    Are you know why this error occurred, and what must i do?

:?: :?:
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    Please, who can help for this filter...

Thx so much .. :):)
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    Hi Riawati,

Wich type authentication are you using in BA? Standard or windows?
    If is windows you only need to create the role (don't need to create the user "A") and in members tab you add the users that will have this role.
    After you define the data access rights for this role: either inherited from Analysis Services (Kerberos required) or managed by Business Analytics Server by setting manual criteria in Salesperson dimension in your customer ledger cube.

Nelson
    Hi Nelson,

Thanks so much for your reply.
    I use standard authentication, because I need to use more than one user on the same machine. And as i wrote before that i cannot add members i got an error.
    I preferred need information for standard, because i used database authentication on the Navision.

You say : "After you define the data access rights for this role: either inherited from Analysis Services (Kerberos required) or managed by Business Analytics Server by setting manual criteria in Salesperson dimension in your customer ledger cube.", what u mean with BA server, it is analysis services? If true, it means that i must create role on BA enterprise manager and also on analysis services?
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    Hi Riawati,

If you are using standard authentication, the acess rights will be managed by BA Server (that is not Analysis Services). If you use windows authentication, and you already have acess rights defined in Analysis Services, they can be inherited into BA Server.
    But with standard authentication security model you can´t define advanced filters such the Salesperson criteria example.

If you need to use more than one user on the same machine, you can use the approach of first create local users or local groups and after that you already can use windows authentication security model in BA.

Nelson
    Hi Nelson,

Thanks so much you still remember and update for my case :)
    I understand if i cannot use role on standard authentication.
    And you give me solution about use local user, and use window authentication for the role.
    As i know at first run BA client we can choose to login with window authentication or standard authentication. It means that i cannot restrict user to access BA client with standard authentication. And as my first case user "A" can login to BA client with standard authentication and access all data, not just for "A1" data.

Hope your reply again [-o< [-o<
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    Hi Riawati,

You can only have one security model in BA. If you apply windows authentication security model, you user "A" can only login to BA with this authentication type, and so you restrict user to access with standard authentication.

I hope this will help you. :)

Nelson
    Hi Nelson,

You wrote "You can only have one security model in BA. If you apply windows authentication security model,"
    :?: What u mean with "apply", where i can do it?

And about this, you wrote this, several day ago:

If you are using standard authentication, the acess rights will be managed by BA Server (that is not Analysis Services). If you use windows authentication, and you already have acess rights defined in Analysis Services, they can be inherited into BA Server.
    :?: What u mean with BA server? its BA enterprise manager or Navision server(SQL server)?

If is windows you only need to create the role (don't need to create the user "A") and in members tab you add the users that will have this role.
    After you define the data access rights for this role: either inherited from Analysis Services (Kerberos required) or managed by Business Analytics Server by setting manual criteria in Salesperson dimension in your customer ledger cube.

:?: About setting manual criteria, where i must do it? Should i do it, while u say i create the role on the BA enterprise manager?
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    Hi Riawati,

A1. You must do it on BA Enterprise Manager in Security Model option that you can find in Security folder.

A2. BA Server (or ANTServer) is a "internal server" for BA. It can be managed by accessing BA Enterprise Manager.

A3. Create the rule in BA Enterprise Manager in Roles under Security Option. In tab Databases expand your cube and find your Salesperson dimension. Double click in it, find your "A1" salesperson and apply it. The users that you add in members tab will access data filtered by this criteria.

Nelson
    Hey Nelson,

Anything clear now, i will do trial with your suggestion.
    But i got an problem, i have change the security on BA enterprise manager, from windows security to targit, and i cannot connect again the localhost, with windows username and password. Are you know how to login again, or another way to login with windows security?
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    I don´t know. You can always install BA again with windows security.
    Ok Nelson, I will try to reinstall and then setup the security as your suggestion.
    If there any question again, i will ask you again.

Nice can discuss with you.
    Thanks & Regards

Ria