C/SIDE Database Performance

mtinnermtinner Member Posts: 3
I've noticed in our database that when performing various functions (running a report, setting a table filter, etc), that we our consistently having a dialog box appear with a counter that's saying "Counting Records in the xxx table". This occurs so frequently anymore that's its become a hinderance to our users. Any ideas on what causes this and how to optimize?

For reference, we're on 4.0 SP3, using the C/Side database. Optimization is run regulary, and almost all of the tables that prompt the counting message have an optimization value of 90% or more. Small database, roughly 9 GB.

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    This message typically regards wrong key selection; in order to find bottlenecks, start the client monitor run a slow proces until the end. stop the client monitor and filter for type=elapsed time and number>1000.
    after finding one of these, higlight the row and toggle all the filters. then filter entry no. = current entry no. and you have to check key and filters.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • mtinnermtinner Member Posts: 3
    Exactly what the issue was. Thank you!
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    mtinner wrote:
    Exactly what the issue was. Thank you!
    you're welcome ;) ...put solved flag in the title...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Might also want to look into your hardware. depening on the some key the faster it will go is true. but with a database relatively small it shouldnot be at the point of hindering your abliity to use other keys.

Is you database spread over several disks or are you just using 1?