Flushing Method

podollypodolly Member Posts: 84
I am a bit confused about the option in flushing methods. Hope someone can refresh my thoughts.

In the flushing method, there are totally 5 choices. I am interested in pick with forward. From the document, it says that options with pick is only applied to WMS. What WMS exactly means? If I set up locations with receive, put-away, pick and ship, and corresponding bins, but no Directed put-away and picks, am I using WMS?

Another question, does this flushing method meaningful in both purchased raw material and manufactured goods? What's the effect if I only set either of them to pick+forward flushing?

In our case, we actually want manual posting of consumption, but I find no means to prepare the warehouse pick worksheet with corresponding routing link code. Doesn't the warehouse pick also for raw mat. picking for production? Should I choose manually or Pick+Forward?

Appreciated for any answers. I really can't find any related articles.

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    If u want manual consumption u need to check that ur flushing method on item card should be Manual.

Forward or Backward flushing methods have these use

Forward : Raw material will get consumed automatically when u change the status from Firm planned to released.

Backward : Same but when u change ur status from released to finish.

Flushing is applicable to item which is present on BOM lines of ur item to be produced that means Raw Material or some Finished Good which will be used as input for ur further output (or Sub Assembly u can say in short). In nutshell the material to be consumed at any stage will have flushing method applied to it.

I am not very comfortable with WMS but i think, yes even if u are not using directed put aways ur using WMS. Hope this will help. :D
    Kapil Khanna