Native 4.02 backup error STX

jlacjlac Member Posts: 19
Nav 4.02. in native database.

When backing up with the aplication objects checked
"Hay errores en la conversión de texto. (el texto nº 1965-0 no figura en el archivo fin.stx)."

I tried the following:
- reinstall client,
- tried with other client machine,
- reboot the server

What can I do?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It means that someone tried to upgrade the database by NAV 5.0 or newer and than canceled the upgrade. Text with no. 1965 is connected to "Send-To Program" Table, it means there is virtual table "Send-To Program" in the DB, but this virtual table is supported only on NAV 5.0 and newer...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jlacjlac Member Posts: 19
    What must I do? Perhaps the better option would it be delete that virtual table?

Thks
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You'll have to copy the stx-file from NAV 5.X to the NAV 4 client directory. Then you'll able to make the backup.

I had a similar problem once with a customer. Don't remember if I also had to copy the etx-file.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    I've just tried open 4.02 database with the v5.0 client and I wonder that can open it perfectly, and seems that works fine.

AT LEAST the backup worked ! (with v5.0 client but not with v4.02). It's courious

But EACH TIME I open database with that version, I see the 'conversion in progress' message, so I think that the conversion in only temporal. Probably over temporary tables.

I suppose that something it was really changed forever, because v4.02 cannot backup the database never again. ¿can it be possible only opening with a different client version?
    Why don't you try my approach? Then you are able to backup the database again, with the 4.02 client.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    I 've tried it copying both files, with the same negative result. Must I copy another aditional file?
    I only had to copy the STX and ETX files from NAV 5.0 into the NAV 4.0 client folder (where the fin.exe is situated). Then I was able to make the backup.